Champion Sports Advantage offers Strength Training to all individuals at All Seasons Ice Arena in Naperville, Illinois. There are Group Training Sessions as well as Private and Semi-Private Training Sessions. Garrett also offer specializes in Recovery-2-Perform Training Sessions, which utilize various soft-tissue modalities to aide in recovery and decreased neural tone to a muscle. If you can’t make it to the gym in Naperville, there is also the option of Online Training Programs to be able to still train under Garrett’s guidance. In addition, Champion Sports Advantage offers Workshops throughout the year, both at our facilities as well as off-site.
Meet the Team
Garrett J. Krug, MS
Founder and Head Trainer
• 2002 – Master’s Degree – Benedictine University, Lisle, IL. – Degree in Fitness Management with an emphasis in Exercise Physiology and Management.
• 2000 – Bachelors of Science, Carthage College, Kenosha, WI. – Degree in Exercise and Sports Science and Business Administration.
• Twelve years in private figure skating instruction under Nan Lee Gunderman and Carol Nitti Ueck.
• Eight years in private instruction in tumbling and trampoline under Megan Cunningham (former World Tumbling Champion) and Shaun Kempton (former member of Australian World Gymnastic Team).
• Ten years of competition experience through the Midwest, as well as Regional, Sectional and National Competitor.
Awards and Achievements:
• Worked with many Junior National, Sectional, National and International level competitors for both Strength Training and on-ice Power Lessons.
• Presented numerous Workshops for Champion Sports Advantage – 2006 to present.
• Presented at “Charleston Champion Skating Seminar” in Charleston, SC – March 2011
• Presented at “Competitive Training Series” in Rochester, MN – April 2011
• Faculty member in Strength and Conditioning portion of Team 2010 Novice Camp at U.S. Nationals in St. Louis, MO – January 2006
• Faculty Member in Strength and Conditioning portion of “Reach for the Stars” at Junior Nationals in Phoenix, AZ – December 2002.
• Conducted the Strength and Conditioning portion of Advanced Training Camp at Lake Forest Academy in Lake Forest, IL – July 2001.
• Conducted the Strength and Conditioning portion of USFSA Adult Training Camp at Seven Bridges Ice Arena, Woodridge, IL – June 2001.
• Was an article contributor for off-icestrength.com.
• Regional, Midwestern and National Competitor.
• Passed USFSA Junior Moves in the Field, 5th Figure and Novice Freestyle Tests.
• Recipient of the Rockford Park District’s “Sports Achievement Award” – 1993.
• June 2013 – Lead Evaluator and Co-Developer of Injury Armoredtm, Aurora, IL.
• August 2006 – Present: Director of Athlete Development, Champion Sports Advantage, LLC, Willowbrook, IL.
• August 2006 – Present: Professional Figure Skating Instructor, Darien Sportsplex, Darien, IL.
• 2001 – 2006: Professional Figure Skating Instructor and Head of Off-Ice Strength & Conditioning Program, Seven Bridges Ice Arena, Woodridge,
• 2000 – 2001: Professional Figure Skating Instructor, Rocket Ice Arena, Bolingbrook, IL.
• 1997 – Present: Professional Off-Ice Training Instructor in Tumbling, Trampoline and Weight Training for skaters.